Anyone can make a website these days using the services and products readily available to us all. But for a first-time web master, it can be a slow and frustrating process, as you figure out how everything works, what is compatible with what else and how everything slots together.
A simple website can easily go from nothing to a finished, published site in less than a day *if* you know what you’re doing. Otherwise it can take weeks if not longer – and that assumes you get finished at all! So in this article we’re not just going to look at how to make a website, we’re going to be more specific and consider how to make a website fast and easy so you can get your site online sooner rather than later.
Okay, well the good news is that with all the software and services around at the moment there is a greater chance to make a website fast and easy than ever before. Let’s take a look at some of the resources that will help you achieve this…
1) WordPress You can use WordPress software free of charge to make a blog super-fast. Within minutes you’ll have a basic website set up for you to tweak when you have time. Add some articles and you’re done.
2) Blogger Google’s offering for bloggers offers a similar service to WordPress though differs being easier to use but less fully-featured.
3) Nvu Nvu free web design software lets you make a website easily on your home computer without splashing out cash.
4) Free Website Templates Whether you decide to make a website from scratch using software like Nvu or using an online blogging solution like WordPress or Blogger you will be able to find a host of free site templates that you can either use as-is , or modify to perfectly suit your needs. A quick search in your favorite search engine will likely turn up hundreds of sites listing these template files.
5) CoolText Allows you to create your own logo free of charge. Just visit the site, type in your website name, select the color, the font and so on and out pops your finished logo. What’s more, they look great!
6) Royalty Free Images Websites like IstockPhoto allows you to get royalty-free images to use on your website so you can add professionally-photographed pictures, animations and cartoons to your site, without breaking the bank or risking a letter from a solicitor.
7) Low Cost Web Hosting There is plenty of competition in the market now for web hosting. If you’re wondering how to make a website fast and easy, then select a budget web hosting company to host your site. Then consider using WordPress or Blogger to actually build a site, together with a free template to give it a professional look.
You can be set up for under $5 a month with this solution, including your own website address. The end result is fantastic and it’s quick and easy to set up. This is my own personal favourite technique for making a website fast.